Boehringer Ingelheim Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) or the General Data Protection Regulation from 25 May 2018, the data controller is Boehringer Ingelheim Limited, of Ellesfield Avenue, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YS (Company Number 711858)
Information we may collect from you
With your consent, we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or registering on our Site https://www.boehringer-academy.co.uk (our Site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to receiving emails from us, subscribe to receive information from us, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, take part in Continued Professional Development on our Site, download documents, watch and comment on videos or other materials, take part of our competitions, search for information on our Site, bookmark content from the Site, and when you report a problem with our Site.
This information is processed on the basis of your consent when you register with the website.
- Information you give to us may include:
- Email type
- First name
- Last name
- Mobile phone
- RCVS membership number (UK vets only)
- VCI number (IE vets only)
- University (students only)
- Expected year of graduation (students only)
- Practice name
- Practice address line 1
- Practice address line 2
- Practice city/town
- Practice county
- Practice postcode / zip code (required for UK and IE)
- Animal species interest
- I am happy to be contacted with further information
- Registration date/time
- Last login date/time
- Last access date/time
This information is processed on the basis of your consent when you register with the website.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and allowing us to send you email notifications and/or promotional information;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
This information is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in order to highlight and provide you with content and marketing materials that are relevant to your location, relevant to your interests and/or areas of study and expertise, device type, and other tailored promotions.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
- Information from other sources of our own data. We may associate your data collected from the Site with other data we hold in our databases. For example, we may record that we have your email permission to send you emails in our customer database so that if one of our representatives meets with you personally they are aware of this and that you have registered for the Site. Also, it is helpful so we can record our interactions with you and discuss relevant topic and product information with you, based on your interactions with us on the Site.
This information is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in order to provide you with news, content, promotional material and product information that is topical and relevant to your location, interests and areas of expertise.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- to notify you about changes to our website;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any services we may provide for you or any interactions we may have with you as part of your use of the website, including the running and hosting of the website.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
The third party suppliers include:
- ICC Health Limited who perform website development, content management, website hosting and other digital and implementation services to us
- MG Communications Limited who performs and fulfils our email campaigns for us and sends out our marketing emails
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Retention of data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We keep your data for the following retention periods:
- If you report a technical query we keep the data for five years
- If we send you marketing materials we keep the data for five years
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. A password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Boehringer Ingelheim Ltd, Ellesfield Avenue, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8YS or via email on email@example.com.
At any time you may request to be provided with information on your Personal data stored by us and demand that we correct, delete or block any incorrect data. For further information, please contact Data Protection Office, Legal & Compliance Boehringer Ingelheim Limited, Ellesfield Avenue, Bracknell Berkshire RG12 8YS.
You have the following rights regarding your information that may apply depending on the circumstances:
What does this mean?
1. The right of access
You have the right to obtain access to your information (if the organisation is processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Form).
2. The right to rectification
You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
3. The right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no compelling reason for an organisation to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
4. The right to restrict processing
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, the relevant organisation can still store your information, but may not use it further.
5. The right to data portability
You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format in certain circumstances.
6. The right to object
You have the right to object to certain types of processing, in certain circumstances.
Complaints: If you are unhappy with how your information has been handled, please write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Legal and Compliance Department, Boehringer Ingelheim Limited, Ellesfield Avenue, Bracknell, Berkshire. RG12 8YS. If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint or believe the processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, third parties, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act and GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.