Any computer, laptop, PDA, mobile, smart phone, tablet and/or other device running a web browser capable of connecting you to the website may be a web-enabled device.
We do not allow the transfer of cookies to third parties nor do we allow third parties to access or read information in our cookies (unless they are a service provider for us in relation to the hosting and managing of the website).
What types of cookies do we use?
Essential Cookies are necessary for the website to function properly. Such Cookies make a website usable by providing basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website or language settings. Due to their importance for the website's functioning, you cannot opt-out from this kind of Cookies. We base the related processing of personal data on Art. 6 (1) b GDPR, the contractual provision of our services.
Essential Cookies we use to provide this website include Cookies, which
- detect whether a user uses Java Script
- allow a visitor to receive site content from one out of multiple servers as the user browses the site
- determine whether a user has accepted which category in the Cookie banner
- maintain the status of the user for all page requests
The lifetime of essential Cookies we use extends from the respective session up to one year.
Session Cookie is a temporary cookie that remains active until you sign-out of the website or the cookie expires due to a period of inactivity. The session cookie is essential for the website to function correctly such as access to a login area of the website.
Persistent Cookies remain on your device for a longer period (how long depends on the lifetime of the specific cookie). The websites may use two persistent cookies which
- May be stored on your device after your first login to the website. This cookie contains a unique company identifier and is used to provide site branding and other customisations
- May be stored on your device if you choose to have the website remember your username. You can choose this option by selecting the tick box on the member sign-in page. By selecting the tick box you consent to us storing and reading this cookie
Cookies for Website Optimisation
We use performance cookies, primarily Google Analytics cookies, to carry out statistical analysis about how users use our website. We collect information such as (but not limited to) part of the webpage clicked, number of webpages visited, length of time of each session, content consumed, and error message - if any - with a view to improving our website and providing users with a better experience. For more information on how Google uses the data collected via this service, click here.
Adobe Analytics (Omniture)
As data can be transferred to the USA in exceptional cases, Adobe is self-certified itself to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. The analyses help us to improve our services.
The Cookies related to this service allow us for example to:
- Create a unique ID for users and enabling us to track visitors across our different domains,
- Determine, if Cookies are enabled,
- Captures statistics about the user's visits to the website,
- Identify the time (in days) between two visits by the same visitor,
- Learn about the number of visits by a single user.
To ensure our cookies can only be used by Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health UK Limited we either encrypt the entire cookie or the values inside of it. Only Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health UK Limited is able to decrypt the cookie and read the data which is stored in it. We never store your personal data inside our cookies.
Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health UK Limited may embed video or other content into the website, and when you visit a web page with embedded content you may be presented with cookies from that content. Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health UK Limited does not control these cookies and we recommend that you check the third party's own website for information about them.
Video embedded into the website will not play automatically. By clicking on the play button for any embedded video you consent to a flash cookie (if applicable) being stored on your device.